IT & Data Security
P10 Group values the relationship we have with our clients and suppliers, and we greatly appreciate your cooperation in reporting instances of suspected fraud. The following is a reminder to our clients, suppliers and partners that there are a variety of ways online attackers may attempt to gain access to information to exploit you and for financial gain.
From our perspective, P10 Group will never:
- Ask you to click on an email to update customer or supplier data/information;
- Email or call you to ask for changes to customer or supplier data/information;
- Email or call you to ask for credit card details or account information; or
- Notify you of changes to P10 Group’s key information (such as address, account or payment details) by email or phone alone.
If you receive any suspicious emails relating to P10 Group, please:
- Delete the email immediately;
- Do not click on any links or attachment; and
- Contact P10 Group via our online contact form on this secure website.
If you ever have concerns with the legitimacy of an email or communication that claims to be from P10 Group, please contact us on +61 3 9596 6892
Please be aware of the signs of fraudulent communications, such as:
- Sender not being your regular contact from P10 Group;
- Email poorly written or with words spelt incorrectly;
- Sender’s details are from a different domain (please note that P10 Group’s email address domain is “[firstname.lastname]@p10grp.com”; or
- Receiving an invoice in a different format, through a different delivery method or outside of your regular invoicing frequency.
By working together, we can help each other to prevent this type of fraudulent activity.